Please reach out to us via our contact details below as soon as possible if you or anyone in your company using CodeSandbox feels uninformed, finds anything on our websites to be unfair, incompletely explained or surprising.
To further clarify the terms we are using, please refer to the glossary at the end of this document. Please reach out to us via our contact details below as soon as possible if you or anyone in your company using CodeSandbox feels uninformed, finds anything on our websites to be unfair, incompletely explained or surprising.
- When you create an Account with us, you must provide us information that is true, accurate, complete and current at all times. Please update your information if anything changes. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in termination of your Account on our Service.
- You can create a CodeSandbox Account via a third-party service. In order to protect yourself, us and our other users, please make sure that you keep these third-party service accounts secure.
- You agree not to let any third party use your Account. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account. Our contact details are at the end of this document.
- Content that you create remains Your Content. This means that by using our platform no intellectual property rights are transferred from you to us.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that Your Content does not infringe intellectual property rights of any other party. This means that if you use Content that you have not created from scratch yourself, you need to make sure that you have sufficient permission to use this Content. You usually need (i) a license to use another party’s content or work and (ii) if you have obtained a license or an open source license applies to the relevant content: You need to comply with the terms and conditions of that license.
- If we are held liable for infringement of third party intellectual property rights as a result of your actions or omissions, you shall indemnify us and hold us harmless. This means that you will have to pay all our damages including legal fees.
- Public Sandboxes that existed prior to the effective date of these Terms are MIT licensed by default, these Terms becoming applicable do not change that situation.
- As of the effective date of these Terms, Sandboxes are public by default, but it is up to you to define the license terms for Sandboxes you have control over. There is however an important condition here: If you have a public Sandbox, you give permission to other Users to fork (read: copy) Your Sandbox. Similarly, you are allowed to fork public Sandboxes of other Users. This means that if you choose certain license terms for your public Sandbox, these license terms have to allow for forking. Basically, this means open source licensing, and you decide the type of open source license.
- You can control visibility and forking permissions of a Sandbox by opting for one of our plans. For private or unlisted Sandboxes it is up to you to define license terms. Other Users do not have permission to fork Sandboxes controlled by you.
- Your right to control visibility and forking permissions (see above) can be used at any time, meaning that you can switch to one of our plans whenever you want to. There is something important to bear in mind though: Any Content may have been forked when public and thus be used by third parties. Undoing is not an option or a right, nor would it be possible to forbid such third parties from further use of that Content. So only (new/adjusted) Content that you create after you switch to a private or unlisted Sandbox can be controlled by you in terms of visibility and forking permissions. Please be aware you can switch default visibility mode for Sandboxes on our Website.
- In any case, you grant us and our legal successors the right to store, archive, parse, and display Your Content, and make incidental copies, as necessary to provide our services, including improving our services over time. This license includes the right to copy Your Content to our servers and/or databases and make backups; parse it into a search index or otherwise analyze it on our servers.
- Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by us.
- We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
- We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
- Some parts of the Service are only available to you if you have a CodeSandbox Account. An overview of our subscription plans pricing are available at https://codesandbox.io/pricing. You must create an Account to purchase one of our plans.
- We use various payment service providers, depending on your subscription plan. For new plans from the effective date of these Terms, the order process is conducted by our partner and merchant of record paddle.com. This means Paddle provides all customer service inquiries, handles returns and provides you invoices. For legacy plans, we use our partner Stripe.com who provides invoices. You pay the invoices from our partners directly to them.
- With respect to payment of your subscription plan, when prompted, you will have to comply with the payment terms of the relevant payment service provider. If no such payment terms have been agreed upon, the following conditions on pricing and payment shall apply:
- You will be billed in advance on a recurring and periodic basis ("Billing Cycle"). Billing cycles depend on your choice: you may choose either a monthly or an annual cycle.
- At the end of each Billing Cycle, your subscription plan will automatically renew under the exact same conditions unless you cancel it or CodeSandbox cancels it. You may cancel your subscription renewal either through your online account management page or by contacting us via the details below.
- CodeSandbox, in its sole discretion and at any time, may modify the pricing for subscription plans. Any change in pricing will become effective at the end of the then-current Billing Cycle.
- CodeSandbox will provide you with a reasonable prior notice of any change in pricing to give you an opportunity to terminate your subscription before such change becomes effective. So if you do not agree with proposed pricing changes, it is up to you to terminate your subscription per the end of the then current Billing Cycle.
- Your continued use of the Service offered on the basis of your applicable subscription plan after changes in pricing come into effect constitutes your agreement to pay the modified prices for your subscription plan if applicable.
- We may suspend the Service based on your subscription plan to you if you do not pay your invoice(s) timely.
- If you are a consumer and purchase one of our subscription plans you have the right to dissolve the agreement within 14 days after conclusion of the agreement. For convenience, this right is also explained in our FAQ.
- You are not allowed to use our Service for the creation of Content that you – or someone else permitted by you – intend to use in a way that does not comply with the law and/or otherwise causes damage to anyone. This means, for instance that it is not allowed to create Content and use such Content for phishing.
- You are also not allowed to use third party Content that you obtain from our Service in any way that does not comply with the law and/or otherwise causes damage to anyone. This means, for instance, that you are not allowed to use Content from our Service for phishing. Obviously, you may also not get Content from our Service and give it to someone else to use it in a way that does not comply with the law and/or otherwise causes damage to anyone.
- In addition to clauses 7.1 and 7.2 this is a non-exhaustive list of what type of use we find abuse or misuse of our Service: collecting, uploading, transmitting, displaying, or distributing any user Content (i) that violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or is otherwise objectionable; (iii) that is harmful to minors in any way; or (iv) that is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party.
- You should at all times comply with all applicable laws and that applies to anything you do with our Service as well. Particularly important – without diminishing the importance of other laws and regulations – are privacy laws: do not create or upload content to our platform that violates any applicable privacy law.
- You are not allowed to create, transmit, upload or distribute content on/to our Service that contains harmful elements (such as viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system) that may cause damage to us, our infrastructure, our software or hardware or that may cause our other users similar damage.
- You are not allowed to (i) use our Service to send unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; (ii) use our Service to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; (iii) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Service, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (iv) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service or third-party sites (or to other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Service), whether through password mining or any other means; (v) harass or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Service; or (vi) use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the Service.
- You will indemnify and hold us harmless against any and all damages suffered and costs incurred by us in the event that you do not comply with this article 7.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk.
- Any and all Content that is available via our Service is made available ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ as far as it concerns our relationship with you. We do not give any warranties to you with respect to any Content created through our Service, neither express nor implied.
- The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
- CodeSandbox, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Service will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements.
- In no event shall CodeSandbox, nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Service; (ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the Service; (iii) any content obtained from the Service; and (iv) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
- If you believe that content on our website violates your copyright or if you are a copyright owner and you believe that content on CodeSandbox violates your rights, please contact us with your concerns via [email protected]. There may be legal consequences for sending a false or frivolous takedown notice. Before sending a takedown request, you must consider legal uses such as fair use and licensed uses. Users suspected of violations are contacted by CodeSandbox and provided 5 business days from writing to comply with requests made by us, before we may take down content.
- We may terminate your account immediately for any reason whatsoever, but as we value our users, we will normally not do so as long as you comply with these Terms. Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
- By continuing to access or use our Service after the revisions to the Terms become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
VAT ID (BTW): NL858886583B01
Company Registration ID (KvK): 71881972
Account. Represents your legal relationship with CodeSandbox. A “User Account” represents an individual User’s authorization to log in to and use the Service and serves as a User’s identity. You can use one of various service providers, such as Google or GitHub, to create a CodeSandbox Account.
CodeSandbox, We (us or our). CodeSandbox B.V.
Content. Refers to content featured or displayed through the Website, including without limitation code, text, data, articles, images, photographs, graphics, software, applications, packages, designs, features, and other materials that are available through the Service. “Content” also includes Services.
User Generated Content. Content, written or otherwise, created or uploaded by Users. "Your Content" is Content that you create or own. User Generated Content and Your Content are contained by necessity in and served from a Sandbox.
Embeds. A Sandbox visible on domains other than those of CodeSandbox. An embed is (a part of) a website in a website. Anyone can choose to render (parts of) their sandbox(es) visible on other websites.
Sandbox. An online software development environment and a core feature of CodeSandbox services. Users can access, configure and share sandboxes on CodeSandbox Domains and make it accessible to anyone by sharing a unique URL. A sandbox commonly but does not necessarily contain User Generated Content. Sandboxes can be either private, unlisted or public. You do not need an account to create a Sandbox.
Service. Any applications, software, products, and services provided by CodeSandbox, including any early versions or experiments.
User, You (Your). Anyone interacting with any CodeSandbox Service. This can be an individual person, company, or organization. We consider several types of Users: those who view or interact with CodeSandbox Embeds via other websites, visitors not signed in and users with a CodeSandbox Account who are signed in.
User Generated Content. Content, written or otherwise, created or uploaded by Users. User Generated Content and Your Content are contained by necessity in and served from a Sandbox.
Website or Domains. codesandbox.io and *.csb.app or any of its user-facing subdomains.
Your Content. is Content that you create or own. User Generated Content and Your Content are contained by necessity in and served from a Sandbox.
- Version 0.8.0 (07/20/2017) (Website)