Share in a single click
Say goodbye to the days where you had to create a zip file just to share your code.Now you can copy the link and share away!
Think of any npm dependency you want to use, we probably support it!You can install a new dependency within seconds.
Learn how it works.
Search & Discovery
Want to know how a library works? You can easily browse through the 800,000+ created sandboxes on CodeSandbox.We want this to be a platform where everyone can easily learn and share.
We built a lightweight version of CodeSandbox for embeds, this allows you to embed your sandbox anywhere.Viewers can even play ith the code in the embed, without leaving the website.We fer many customization options to make sure you can show the embed exactly the way you want.
Be Productive, Anywhere
We aim to give you the tools to build a full blown web application. You can easily import projects from GitHub, make commits, and finally deploy. We support the whole cycle.
Paste your GitHub URL. You get a sandbox that stays up to date with the latest changes automatically.
Fork the sandbox and start building that long awaited feature!
Commit your changes or open a pull request with a user friendly UI.
Deploy a production version of your sandbox using ZEIT's Now.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are many more things to explore, if you are missing anything you can always open an issue on GitHub.
- Live CollaborationEdit sandboxes together in real time, Google Docs style. Use Classroom Mode to control who can make edits.
- Jest IntegrationWe automatically run Jest tests and show the results with an intuitive UI.
- Keybindings and Quick ActionsUse Keybindings and Quick Actions to execute commonly used actions more quickly.
- Configuration UIWe show a UI for configuration files so you don't have to look up how the configuration is structured.
- Export to GitHubAll sandboxes can easily be exported to a GitHub repository.
- Static File HostingThe development server will serve all files statically from the public folder, depending on the template.
- Integrated DevToolsThe preview window has integrated DevTools, like a console, test view and a problem viewer.
- Private/Unlisted SandboxespatronYou can set a sandbox to private or unlisted to make sure others cannot see or find it.
- Externally Hosted PreviewsYou can open your sandbox preview with a separate URL, while still keeping Hot Module Reloading.
- Monaco EditorWe use the same editor as VSCode, which gives us "Go to Definition", "Replace Occurences" and more!
- Hot Module ReloadingHot Module Reloading is built in, so you won't have to press refresh for every change.
- Error OverlayWe show a user friendly error overlay for every error, sometimes with suggestions on how to solve it.
- Automatic Type AcquisitionTypings are automatically downloaded for every dependency, so you always have autocompletions.
- TypeScriptThanks to Monaco we show TypeScript autocompletions and diagnostics for TS sandboxes.
- PrettierCode automatically gets prettified on save according to your own Prettier preferences.
- ESLintAll code is linted automatically using latest version of ESLint, with full ES6 support.
- Emmet.ioYou can easily expand abbreviations with Emmet.io in all JS, HTML and CSS files.
- Open SourceWe're almost fully open source! Our most active repository can be found here.
- Import with CLIYou can export a local project to CodeSandbox easily using codesandbox-cli.
- Export To ZipYou can always download a zip from your sandbox for if you want to continue locally.
You can follow our blog to stay up to date with new publications.
Announcing CodeSandbox CI and all-new Embeds
Today we're pleased to launch CodeSandbox CI - A free continuous integration service purpose-built for open source library maintainers, along with a new look for embeds.
CodeSadbox - Introducing improved Crash Reporting!
In this week's release we've got the best new feature we hope you never have to use! But that's not all, we've got some other goodies to share too!
Announcing CodeSandbox Custom Templates
Today we're excited to launch a new feature that we believe will speed up your prototyping workflow here in CodeSandbox! Say hello to Templates!
Become a Patron
You can support our development by becoming a Patron and paying a monthly amount of your choice. As a Patron you get less limits and extra features, like private sandboxes. There are more patron features coming.