Real-time collaboration between WebEditor and VS Code
The biggest fix we are proud to share is the massive improvement to multi-client real-time collaboration. Should you be connected to the same branch with multiple clients like the WebEditor and VS Code, you’ll now experience much better syncing between all these clients.
- If for some reason, an automatic sync is not possible, you’ll now be asked if you want to use your current version or the last one from the server. But the automatic sync will work 99% of the time 😉
- For this one, the team took a deep-dive into VS Code internals to make sure we create the seamless experience we envision.
- Fixed an issue in the Dashboard when creating a new branch would lead to a 404 page.
- Improved feedback when renaming branches to names that are already in use.
- DevTools got a neat little new icon in the Editor ✨
We know, it’s a shorter update this week - but there are many exciting things happening in the background right now that we can’t share yet. So, consider following us on Twitter and LinkedIn to make sure you don’t miss our upcoming updates.
Till next time, Your CodeSandbox Team