Learning with Kent C. Dodds
Welcome to The CodeSandbox Podcast with host Sara Vieira, a frontend developer at CodeSandbox. CodeSandbox is an online code editor that assists developers in creating projects and apps both quickly and collaboratively. In each episode, tune in to hear discussions with knowledgeable developers on everything from developer relations to project building, as we provide listeners with valuable insight to help improve their own technical and creative skills.
To avoid a burnout, Kent maintains focus on only projects that excite and motivate him. His ultimate goal is to create things that people will remember, because if an idea is easily forgotten, it is worthless. He spends much time pondering the retention of his teachings. He then speaks of the emotional struggles he experiences regarding pacing.
To further connect with CodeSandbox and to keep up with their latest work, be sure to listen, share, subscribe, and shout us out on social media with the hashtag #csbpodcast!
- 0:09 - Host Sara Vieira introduces herself and gives background on CodeSandbox.
- 0:26 - Sara introduces guest Kent C. Dodds.
- 1:23 - Kent introduces himself.
- 2:09 - Kent’s transition into full-time education.
- 3:30 - Kent’s trajectory into tech.
- 5:55 - Kent’s work in open source.
- 8:00 - How Kent likes to outline his work.
- 9:15 - Biggest difficulties Kent faces now.
- 11:52 - Kent’s various courses and publications.
- 15:30 - How Kent works to make his teachings stick.
- 17:00 - Kent’s philosophy on transparency
- 18:25 - Kent’s advice